• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great for what it does

posted by jaf323 on 12/13/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The build quality is outstanding - very nice glossy-black plastic, smooth shape, good tactile feedback on buttons, the cable housings and molds are clean and well done.

Easy to use - works perfectly with a blackberry, iphone, laptops, etc.

Decent range - Good for 50' or so.

Cons:

Sound is a bit muted across the full dynamic range.

Don't expect to go beyond about 50' in a realistic scenario (ie: with walls, people walking around, etc).

Pairs with only one device at a time.

You can't avoid hitting a button or two when squeezing the clip onto something.

OtherThoughts:

I used this mainly as a bluetooth input for my receiver so I can connect laptops and mobile devices to an amplified speaker output as-needed. It works perfectly for that purpose.

Bottomline:

Outstanding value. The biggest issue with this is the sound is not as good as a wired connection, but is acceptable. For test setup I used Maximo iMetal earbuds and swapped between the wired and wireless connection on a blackberry playing a wide range of music. I played "Walking Man" from Buddha Bar - Nature, where you have distinct high and low-notes together, followed by a complex mid-range sound spectrum - the wired connection sounded better. HOWEVER: That is a compromise I am ok with according to my usage requirements. Wireless is for convenience - background music, testing out a new song, playing youtube and other things from the PC. It's ok for serious listening, but would suggest plugging in for that.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections