Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great for what it does

posted by jaf323 on 12/13/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The build quality is outstanding - very nice glossy-black plastic, smooth shape, good tactile feedback on buttons, the cable housings and molds are clean and well done.

Easy to use - works perfectly with a blackberry, iphone, laptops, etc.

Decent range - Good for 50' or so.

Cons:

Sound is a bit muted across the full dynamic range.

Don't expect to go beyond about 50' in a realistic scenario (ie: with walls, people walking around, etc).

Pairs with only one device at a time.

You can't avoid hitting a button or two when squeezing the clip onto something.

OtherThoughts:

I used this mainly as a bluetooth input for my receiver so I can connect laptops and mobile devices to an amplified speaker output as-needed. It works perfectly for that purpose.

Bottomline:

Outstanding value. The biggest issue with this is the sound is not as good as a wired connection, but is acceptable. For test setup I used Maximo iMetal earbuds and swapped between the wired and wireless connection on a blackberry playing a wide range of music. I played "Walking Man" from Buddha Bar - Nature, where you have distinct high and low-notes together, followed by a complex mid-range sound spectrum - the wired connection sounded better. HOWEVER: That is a compromise I am ok with according to my usage requirements. Wireless is for convenience - background music, testing out a new song, playing youtube and other things from the PC. It's ok for serious listening, but would suggest plugging in for that.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

• Over 200,000 products
  • Extremely low prices
  • Timely refunds and replacements
  • Worldwide free shipping

Subscribe to our newsletter:

DX Everywhere