DX » Community » Reviews » DX 12-LED IR InfraRed Flashlight Silver (3*AAA)
  • 5 star 26 ( 46% )
  • 4 star 24 ( 42% )
  • 3 star 5 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 2 ( 4% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great IR flashlight

posted by jamboelf on 06/07/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

* Good build quality, feels sturdy but not too heavy * good machined grip * nice threads (not lubricated) * clicky switch on the end * good flood about 4metres in front outside and more inside * easily mountable due to size and weight * nice polish to surface, not easily scratched

Cons:

* A few of mine have been missing o-rings, so not great for use where it might get wet * threads are bone dry, but have a nice screwing action * inner parts (battery holder) is made of a cheap plastic, but works well * soldering inside can be a bit rough but works ok * emit a slight glow of red light so not completely stealthy, it is a slight glow though * not waterproof, but thats not a shock

OtherThoughts:

My IR flashlights came in individual plain white boxes, with the torch wrapped in bubblewrap inside, come with wriststrap, takes 3xAAA battery that are fitted into a holder then slide into torch through the top or bottom, i think the leds are 840nm or 880nm due to red glow, good field of flood for size of light . would be great if they did one of these with flood to zoom as if using for shooting it would be good to have target pinpointed. might be good to offer an option of a filter to eliminate the red glow an

Bottomline:

great source of IR light, on there own these torches would not be visible, IR light can only been seen buy certain electrical items such as nightvision googles or camers /camcorders/ closed circuit television etc. but for the price they do what they are supposed to do well, i recommend them

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections