DX » Community » Reviews » Protective 6-Cart Game Cartridge Case for NDS/DS Lite/DSi (Translucent)
  • 5 star 2 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice portable DS cart case

posted by Jaden on 01/04/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This game case works very well. The carts hold in the slots well and don't pop out until you want the to, but it isn't difficult to remove them either. The center section that holds the games is hinged which I think is very nice. If it had a hinge similar to the case itself, the games wouldn't be as easy to access. The cost is reasonable, though there are other cases in different sizes that get you more storage space for the cost. (Lower cost per cart storage space.) This works great for taking 6 games with you, and will fit in your pocket nicely. I find that the length isn't too long, but you probably wouldn't want it to be any longer if you want to carry your games in your pocket. (It's just slightly longer than an iPod touch.) I measured it, and I would say that the measurements provided in the description are correct. I also love that the case is transparent enough for you to clearly identify the games inside the case.

Cons:

Mine had a tiny bit of damage next to one of the closure catches, so it didn't close as tightly as it should have until I noticed it and reshaped that area slightly. To be fair, I have had the thing for over a year and it's possible it didn't come that way. In any case, it wasn't a huge thing, since I didn't really notice there was an issue with the catch until recently.

OtherThoughts:

It's not really intended to do so, but in a pinch, you can get it to hold a stylus in the space near the hinge. The case doesn't close nicely, however, so I wouldn't recommend this as a long term storage situation.

Bottomline:

If you're looking to store your entire collection, this isn't probably what you'll want, but if you'd like to easily carry your favorite 6 games, this is a good bet. All in all, this is one of the best cart cases I've used, perhaps the best.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections