DX » Community » Reviews » AMT Amtech Professional Soldering Flux (10ml)
  • 5 star 8 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 4 ( 25% )
  • 1 star 2 ( 12% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bylemos37 on 07/06/2013

It takes to evaporate and is quite thick. You do not need to apply several times because it takes to dry. This is good when working with smd bga or welding. Is too thick. Its format is very practical: it's just adapt a piece of syringe behind to be able to apply the product. Then can I safely keep the flow because it comes with cover both in front and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytryptamin on 11/20/2012

hello dear iam from germany, and most of you knows that good flux like this one are very expensive in the eu. so i can only say this is the best and cheapest way to get high quality flux:) Cheap (can't find any flux cheaper locally) It does the job. Without the flux it's almost impossible, but with the flux it's possible, but still hard. It's delivered ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byMiroslavCvejic on 10/01/2011

Sticky. Great for reballing. Cleans easily after use. Smells nice, compared to other fluxes I use. Easy to apply and distribute on the surface. I received two different syringes with similar markings. Flux in them appear to be the same, although it's not exactly the same as the one pictured. I have that already and it's not like those I received. But ... Read more

5 0
  • posted byPacje on 02/04/2011

* Cheap (can't find any flux cheaper locally) * It does the job. I solder a lot of small stuf, like on ic legs and SMD stuff. Without the flux it's almost impossible, but with the flux it's possible, but still hard. * It's delivered in a syringe. Normally you can push it out without getting your hands dirty. * Nice smell * A plunger with the syringe ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byFunkis on 01/30/2011

Really makes soldering easier since it removes oxidization as well as makes the solder sticking better to copper-surfaces. Has a quite plesant smell to it, but I wouldn't recommend you smelling at the vapours for too long. The flux I got was without doubt NOT made by Amtech. The label was spelled incorrectly, and had no hologram on it. Cap doesn't have ... Read more

3 0
  • posted byGordonGecco on 04/23/2010

AMTECH quality flux to a really good price. Has a nice pine rosin smell... Excellent for SMD and hand soldering. Nothing really, except that it would have been nice to also get a plunger for the syringe (not a big problem, you can get plungers from most component distributors). It also seems like a few customers have been shipped a low quality imitation,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNiTr0 on 04/11/2010

Cheap flux, may be enough good for lead SMD. For me, it makes better solder than cheapest vaseline-based flux, but it completely vapored for 1-2 minutes at 220-240C on lead-free boards. 1) This is fake, made in China (not USA), without hologram 2) Type is RMA-223, not RMA-223-UV Sadly that DX doesn't check products for corresponding it's specifications ... Read more

3 0
  • posted byecotack on 04/10/2010

It was cheap It didn't seem to do anything. I had some solder paste that I though had dried out (out of date), so I thought this my revive it if I mixed it together. It didn't work and I thought I must be doing something wrong. After reading other reviews I realise it may be the flux that is faulty. I tried some plumbing flux and a blow torch with my ... Read more

3 0
  • posted bypicbits on 04/07/2010

None really. The price might be decent if you actually knew what you were getting This is not Amtech flux. Its a poor copy. The label is on squint, the actual part number is not the -UV. The label reads "This product contains chemicals knomn to the state of Colofomia and other states to canuse cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harn" Yes - ... Read more

5 0
  • posted byfrogofrogo on 04/02/2010

Sad to say, the only one proposition is the price, but just only in case of genuine product. The product I received is NOT a FLUX, it looks like the same, but does NOT WORK! I DID NOT RECEIVE THE AMTECH FLUX, WHICH IS DISPLAYED ON YOUR PAGE. THE HOLOGRAM MISSES, THERE ARE MISTAKES ON THE LABEL, IT IS MADE IN CHINA, NOT IN USA, AS YOU SHOW ON THE PICTURE!... Read more

5 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections