DX » Community » Reviews » AMT Amtech Professional Soldering Flux (10ml)
  • 5 star 7 ( 47% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 4 ( 27% )
  • 1 star 2 ( 13% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very good flux (if you get the authentic product)

posted by GordonGecco on 04/23/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

AMTECH quality flux to a really good price.
    Has a nice pine rosin smell...
    Excellent for SMD and hand soldering.

Cons:

Nothing really, except that it would have been nice to also get a plunger for the syringe (not a big problem, you can get plungers from most component distributors). It also seems like a few customers have been shipped a low quality imitation, thankfully I got the real thing.

OtherThoughts:

The syringe that was delivered to me had a hologram sticker and correct spelling on the label so I believe this is genuine AMT 223 flux. This flux isn’t as active as other models I have used but it works very well for SMD soldering. For hard soldering, tinning of oxidized cables, etc., you should use an acid based flux instead – this one is electronics grade.

Bottomline:

Brand name rosin solder flux to a very nice price, buy this and a few others models from DX and make up your mind on what works best for you (they are all so cheap anyway...) Use this for SMD and other electronics soldering, for hard soldering acidic fluxes will work better.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections