DX » Community » Reviews » Cree Q5-WC 3-Mode 150-Lumen LED Headlamp (3*AAA)
  • 5 star 13 ( 41% )
  • 4 star 14 ( 44% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 2 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymikhalv on 02/20/2013

Works great, very bright light. Easy to use, resonable cheap for the brighness - The battery hatch is poorly designed! It did not take long time before it broke so now I need to wrap adhesive tape around it to make it work - The batteries are also hard to remove, seems like the battery comparent is too tight It would be nice if they could fix the problem ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysmasher on 09/03/2011

Bright! Good throw. Tight beam. Uses 3x AA. I use ni-mh rechargeables. No focus/adjust for beam. I often find it too tight. It's claimed to have lo/med/hi settings but there's hardly any difference between any of the settings. It's just more clicks required to turn it on/off. Next time I'll get one with a beam that can be adjusted. My only complaint ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMisterNobody on 06/28/2011

Brilliant amount of light, with good throw. Batteries last for ages, maybe 8..10 hours on high. If you need a high powered headlamp, this is brilliant bang for your buck. Like others mention, the closing "battery cap" twists into place. It's easy to break the pins off the cap, but its also easy to be careful and avoid this when refitting the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygelimelech on 04/26/2011

This headlamp has a great cree led. Its light is very strong and bright. the head strap is very good and adjustable. I used it a lot when working at night or on Offroad trips... the casing is made of cheap plastic and does not last long. the closing pins has broken after few times that it was used. I bought it because the CREE led - this led works GREAT!... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynr420 on 02/08/2011

Has a nice throw. I used this while cycling and was often able to get driver's attention by pointing the light to their faces, tens of meters away. Quality of plastics is questionable. Plastic body holding battery compartments cover broke after few weeks, making it useless without extensive amount of rubber bands. Energy usage is almost too much for ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysammybones on 09/26/2010

Great form-factor; looks cool with the aluminum housing. Very bright, with very tight throwing hot-spot, and decent spill on the sides. Aluminum reflector and housing keeps the LED cool too. The button is nice and easy to click. Like others have said, the battery door isn't the best. You can always just duct-tape in closed. The differentiation of the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted by2009nikolay on 09/02/2010

- really bright headlight. - lightweight. - small enough to wear with convenience. The battery door is not reliable. You have to push hard to close it tightly enough. I could not find such a bright small headlamp for similar price elsewhere. There have to be done something to better fix the battery cover (e.g., you can use some rubber ring so that the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byaussiefx on 06/15/2010

It's a great little light. Really bright and pretty good run time given it's on 3 x AAA. Very light overall pretty good. The batteries can get a bit stuck in the compartment sometimes. Also, the biggest problem is the little plastic lugs that lock the battery cover in place. They're very small and fragile. If you're unlucky enough to drop the light ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjhanratt on 05/13/2010

very bright. decent quality light. decent quality straps. Much brighter than my coleman headlamp. Comfortable to wear. very functional. like all headlamps it's always shining right where you are looking. Handsfree. The light assembly and body is a little on the large side. not a big deal for most work, but working under my car I prefer my small but ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymiihkaliN on 05/09/2010

+ power very well suitable for biking + beam focus well suitable for biking + good build quality + economic (batteries last long) - the various modes are useless (almost the same as full power) - blinking mode not available - head strap could be longer (a bit too stretched for helmet installation) I'm using this for biking and I'm well satisfied. Blinking ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections