Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Ridiously bright light, great build quality!

posted by Pleasure_Paulie on 04/28/2009
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This light is awesome. Very focused, and has very far throw. I'm fairly certain planes would see this light at night!! It lights up a fairly wide space around you as well at night - Something I was concerned about when comparing it to the multiple LED lights.

I took the cover off and it says "Cree" on the PCB board, so I assume it's a real cree LED....But I'm not certain.

Quality is very good - it feels solid and screws together tightly. Battery case is solid and easy to put batteries in and close. It's pretty much all strong plastic, apart from the screw off part on the light, which is probably aluminum light metal.

I thought it would be much bigger than it is, but its quite compact and sits well on my head. It's not too heavy either.

The light inclination movement is perfect and allows you to shine it exactly where you want to. It makes a solid click sound when you move it up and down.

I like that this light looks a little bit different to others on DealExtreme. It's not a boring silver color.

Cons:

It's hard to get the middle battery out if you want to replace them. The surrounding ones come out fine, but the middle seems to fit very tightly.

If you had a big head, The strap may not be bigger enough for you. My head is probably a bit above average and I have it on max size to fit my head.

You have to press the button fairly hard to switch between the modes. So you find yourself having to press the button a few times to make it work.

There is not much difference between the output modes in my testing. Because the light output or throw distance is so large, I think it would benefit in having a much lower output mode to save on batteries. YOU DON'T NEED A LIGHT SO BRIGHT! That said, I've not tested it battery life much yet - so it might be quite good with its current modes.

It's not a cheap light, but I like it's build quality, light output.. So I'm sure it would be more reliable and last longer than some of the cheaper lights.

If you used this for an extended period of time, it could get quite uncomfortable. But I think that's the same for any time of headlamp similar to this. So not really a con for this particular light.

OtherThoughts:

Don't shine this at anybody! They will be seeing spots for days!

Bottomline:

If you want a high quality, super bright light - this is the one for you!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections