Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• very good light

posted by californiakid on 04/30/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Good bright light. Says q5, and I believe it. I have a fenix ld20 rated at 180 lumen, and runs off 2 aa batteries, this runs off three aaa, and this is definitely brighter, very tight focus, so it can definitely throw. The lense I believe is plastic, not glass. This is aaa not aa, I had a feeling it was was aaa even tho it said aa, because aa lights are starting to disappear off market.

Cons:

Lense was dirty, light scratches after removing and cleaning. reflector was also dirty, plastic smooth refector not aluminum, and plastic lense, not really a con, just wished the reflector was aluminum and the lense was glass.

OtherThoughts:

Starts at low mode and you have to fully click to change settings, three settings; low, med high, very little difference between the three modes.

Bottomline:

Worth every cent, now im just going to hope the longevity is as good as my k2 led that this q5 headlamp will replace. This will out shine all the other headlamps here. Believe it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections