DX » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire 16340 3.6V Batteries (4-pack)
  • 5 star 9 ( 45% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Satisfied!!

posted by kramer5150 on 03/29/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Solid value.
    -Good build quality.
    -Great performance so far, through about 12 re-charge cycles.
    -Drives my 6P + SKU:6090 drop in nicely... very bright and decent run time too.
    -Maybe I got lucky, but all 4 of my cells are pretty evenly matched. Using my Ultrafire SKU:1251 charger, and digi-multi meter they all peak-charge at nearly the same time. Of course the charger cuts out at 4.2V automatically.

-Hold their charge pretty well, they don't self-discharge as much as I thought they would.

Cons:

-Over-rated capacity.

-Unprotected, so they need to be monitored while charging. I use a multi-meter and check for voltage while they charge. You also can't deplete them all the way down, without added risk.

OtherThoughts:

-Very happy with my purchase. I think protected cells would have been better... if nothing more than for the added peace of mind. However, if you are familiar with battery maintenance, matching, charging/discharging practices, and how to monitor battery voltage correctly, these aren't too bad.

-I recently ordered some protected cells to replace these in my 6P. I will certainly keep these for use in a 1xRCR123 light.

Bottomline:

-If you are familiar with battery charging-monitoring-matching principles and are disciplined enough to refrain from completely discharging them, these are a great value.

-If you are the type who just wants to charge / discharge them and forget about it... go for protected cells instead.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections