Customer’s impression:
good compact Bien Robust Quality made
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Satisfied Again

posted by kramer5150 on 05/11/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

-Solid value.

-Good build quality.

-Great performance so far, through 5-6 re-charge cycles.

-Drives my 6P+SKU:11836 and WF-501B+SKU:6090 very nicely... very bright and decent run time too.

-Maybe I got lucky, but this is my second order of 4 and now all 8 of my cells are pretty evenly matched, and NO DUD cells in the batch. Using my Ultrafire SKU:1251 charger, and digi-multi meter they all peak-charge at nearly the same time. Of course the charger cuts out at 4.2V automatically.

-Hold their charge pretty well, they don't self-discharge as much as I thought they would.

-So I must be the luckiest DX member with 8/8 GOOD cells.

-I have nothing to complain about.... KNOCK ON WOOD!!

-Over-rated capacity.

-Unprotected, so they need to be monitored while charging. I use a multi-meter and check for voltage while they charge. You also can't deplete them all the way down, without added risk.

-Very happy with my second purchase of this SKU. I think protected cells would have been better... if nothing more than for the added peace of mind. However, if you are familiar with battery maintenance, matching, charging/discharging practices, how to monitor battery voltage correctly, and are DISCIPLINED enough to NOT over-discharge, these aren't too bad.

-I also have a pair of Trustfire protecteds and use those frequently too for the added peace of mind.... just run them till' they die.

-Members need to evaluate what "kind" of user they are...

-If you are familiar with battery charging-monitoring-matching principles and are disciplined enough to refrain from completely discharging them, these are a great value.

-If you are the type who just wants to charge them, run them till' they die and forget about it... go for protected cells instead.

Post comment

DX Everywhere