Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Received a different light

posted by wt808 on 12/02/2007
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

A pocket rocket
    Bright LED and better reflector than the other color MXDL lights in this model line-up

Cons:

Poor threading and assembly

OtherThoughts:

The light I received had more of a champagne bronze color. It has the same general shape and size of the other lights in this line, but the machining of the tail end is different (more rounded). Instead of the MXDL logo, it was simply printed with 3W in bigger 1/4" characters. I think I prefer the darker grey finish with the MXDL logo.

Bottomline:

The reflector seems to be improved over the other lights in this line. I've been converting them to Cree LEDs, but the unit I received was almost as bright (and runs just as hot), so I did not convert it. There's still a bluish tint, but not as pronounced as the other lights I received. The LED base was not properly seated and half the emitter was obscured by the lens. Although it was grossly misassembled, someone forced the body onto the head and damaged the threads. After reassembling the base, everything went together much more smoothly and the light works well. I was going to give it away as a gift, but I might keep it for myself.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections