DX » Community » Reviews » Protective Soft Pouch for NDSi/DSi (Black)
  • 5 star 21 ( 88% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 12% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Perfect fit for NDS *Lite*!

posted by stnm666 on 04/11/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Note: I ordered this mistakenly for my NDL Lite. I only own a Lite, so NDSi users need to make careful judgement.

- PERFECT fit for NDS Lite. Not too loose, not to tight. No chance a DSL would slip out of it by itself, but it still can be pulled out in one smooth comfortable action.

- Covers NDS Lite completely, overlapping by up to ~1cm so it doesn't stick out and gets scratched - unlike with the supposedly DSL-dedicated sku.2977 (which I got for my better half) and most likely sku.2377 (which is what I actually wanted to order but realised my mistake too late - however it seems to be the same size as 2977).

- Looks cool and is nice to touch.

- While not exactly heavy-duty case, due to how it's sewed there's extra-thick layer on the seams, meaning extra protection on the corners.

- Mine came with an NDSi wrist strap as opposed to the photo. Con for me, but surely a pro for most people looking at this page.

Cons:

- It's cheap, but still could be cheaper for how simple an item and design it is.

- The "mounting loop" of the wrist strap is too short. When attached to a DSL the whole plastic part holding it together doesn't extend beyond the DSL itself - meaning when you put it in the pouch it is constantly pressing on the R button which can quickly lead to damage. I didn't use it even once due to that.

- The Nintendo logo tab is sewed in at quite a noticeable angle in mine making it looks cheap.

- If you're getting it for NDS Lite, the embossed DSi logo will obviously not match.

- Would be a perfect product if it only included a zipper. There's just enough overlap on the opening, so I can see myself doing some casemodding here soon.

- Doesn't come in different colours (eg. pink instead of the abovementioned uselsesss sku.2977).

OtherThoughts:

I ordered this one for my Lite being confused by the "DSL" strap in the photo, although I'm pretty sure the title changed too since I ordered. I realised my mistake too late so I promptly ordered sku.2377 with another batch (should be receiving it next week), but if it's just like sku.2977 (which I received together with this one) then I have burned some perfectly good $1.43 on it. Haste make waste.

Bottomline:

Proof how mistakes can lead to nice discoveries.

I can sincerely recommend it to any NDS Lite owner, it's perfect.

As for NDSi unfortunately I don't have access to one to check it, but - anything higher and deeper than Lite will sit too tight, and anything wider will protrude from the opening thus being exposed to impact and scratches.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections