DX » Community » Reviews » B-1 0.8mm Solder Core Wire - 2.0% Flux (100g)
  • 5 star 13 ( 72% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 17% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjimpersson on 01/18/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Very cheap Cons:- Sorry, but it's terrible compared to the other solder I have. - Very easy to get cold solder joints - Dull matte finish when it cools down. OtherThoughts:I'm currently using this to tin my solder tip when I put it back in the soldering station. For t... Read more

3 1
  • posted bydrsolly on 12/02/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:You get a lot of solder for your money, in an easy-to-use reel Cons:None OtherThoughts:It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. However little known the feelings or views of such a ma... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrikels on 03/14/2013

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:it's nice thin solder, for soldering smaller components which don't need a lot of solder. a lot of solder for a low price. Cons:there isn't a holder for the solder, and by that i mean that you can't put the end of the solder somewhere so it doesn't come off of t... Read more

1 0
  • posted byMaTek666 on 02/28/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:great solder for this price, it melts fast and easy, it's easy to use, it has flux, it's thick so it's great for precise work on small projects Cons:none, it's solder, buy more than one, you might fall in love in it OtherThoughts:this solder is great for small... Read more

1 0
  • posted byJohnnyCache on 02/18/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:-Great solder.- -Reasonably priced.- -Cost is about a fifth of what it runs at "Radio Shack".- -Very fine diameter which is great for small PCB work.- Cons:-None that I can see.- OtherThoughts:-This stuff local costs a lot more so it is worth it to me to order i... Read more

Solder got here.
    1 0
  • posted byphysicka on 12/31/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:-End of wire was neatly taped down with a little bit of tape. -Enough solder to last a couple of dozen projects. -Some soldering stations have built in holders for solder wire in reel form. Cons:-Wire thickness not compatible for SMD work, I use it out of necessity, but i... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKribbzor on 12/25/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Wow! Because of the price, i didn't expect much. Its so much better than i expected, i cant describe! I have used it to fix lots of toys for friends kids and so on... Cons:Well, its not the best quality, but you get much more than you expect for this price! Ma... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymoosta8 on 11/30/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:First of all it is really a cheap product useful for electronic hobbyist who wants to solder something on the go. Second this product is great and has a really long wire and can be used for really long time which I intend to Thirdly, the price, this was so cheap for me.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byarnoldasgr on 10/25/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:thin 60/40 tin/lead alloy not that lead-free rubish ( lead boils at 1,750C so smoke comes only from flux!!! and you solder about 400C) has flux in it a lot of it, guarantees long usage time price is really good. quick cool down and hardening time have many usa... Read more

2 0
  • posted byblackjudas on 10/17/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Lots of solder! Cons:Too thick for my tastes OtherThoughts:Highly active flux for the core, so don't breathe the fumes. The positive is that it really does work quite well. First few tries I got cold solder joints, but that's probably because I put wwaaayyy too much on or... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections