Customer’s impression:
muito bom
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• cheap good android media player

posted by haubke on 08/01/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

its very cheap, i wanted to use this with my arduino to have some sort of wifi shield.

nice light weight device, consumes less power then other android hdmi sticks. so this is a very big plus.

you get every cable you need, mini hdmi to hdmi. mini usb to female usb.
    power cord, us adapter( i'm living in europe so i bought extra europe power adapter).

i think this device is fast enough to do some games. internet. and such. haven't had a problem with waiting. the device is responding very well. i already installed some apps from google play store, this also works very nice.

i own a lot of android devices, but this one has far more menu options then other devices i own. for the diy its a very nice device.

Cons:

the wifi is working great if you are not to far from youre wireless router.(so coverage may be somewhat less, speed is very good).

this uses a allwinner a10s, this is not a real con, but i wanted to install a other Os this is not yet supported for everyone, i booted debian from micro sd, it starts but then de device will reboot after login.(this was made for a totaly other device) so not really a con. linux distributions will be available soon.

i grabbed my logitech wirelees keyboard and mouse in one , and this worked out of the box. didn't even have to use a usb hub. no need for extra power on a usb hub.

i dont have a con really , the only thing is the wifi range is a litle bit of a problem but not a big deal.

OtherThoughts:

nice device , cheap, does what i want. its in english, i didn't even try to find my own language. but this will probably work also.

Bottomline:

nice little computer to use for internet and other stuff you want to do with android. played video very well, outputs 1080 i or p. i havent found a problem.
    for diy its a great device, will run other oses in the future.

if you want to run some sort of linux on this device.
    you can check linux sunxi community, thay already porting fedora to this device. so not so long from now there will be linux running on this device.

i bought 3 for home automation project,
    for this price its very good. you will not regret if you buy this device. doesnt use much power. easy to use.

Post comment

DX Everywhere