DX » Community » Reviews » C-Media CM108 Virtual 7.1-Surround USB 2.0 External Sound Card with Hardware Volume Control and Mute
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bysantacrosu on 02/22/2013

Sound quality is great. Volume is high. This is good choise for low quality VoIP. I bought 3 units for my office. 1) Included software and drivers don't work with this device. You need original software to use builtin amplifier and dsp. 2) Two of three CDs was broken. 3) Also CM108 is sensetive to low-... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byjinxie on 04/09/2011

Small, easy to use (just plug the thing), good quality, very useful (for amateur djs, or if your soundcard jack broke like mine) oh wait, i almost forgot, cheap! i looked and compared, and this seemed the best value buy. If you have the usb ports too close together, it might block the other ports, but ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byKopzr on 03/18/2011

Sound Quality is good, wasn't expecting such good sound quality for this price Setup on windows 7 is just plug-and-play really Small Looks a little cheap The usb connector doesn't fits very well, it sticks out a little bit, making the card look like its going to fall at any moment. Also, since the USB ... Read more

0 0 2

• posted bynkanji on 02/24/2011

This is a great product. A little while ago my on board laptop sound card got messed up. I had two choices.. whether to buy a new laptop or try this out. I decided what the heck.. for under 7 bucks its not a bad option. and I was right. The sound is perfect. no issues with right/left like other posts ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byxT4Z1N4TRx on 01/20/2011

No sound quality loss! its really light its nice and small, so doesnt take a lot of space like other ones do no drivers are needed, can just use straight away ( im on windows xp) when i use my headphones with it, i hear this weird beeping noise, but when im listening to music its fine =) i use my dr ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byJBVampok on 01/05/2011

No noticeable sound degradation. Installs automatically under Windows 7 64-bit. Seems to have good build quality. Has buttons to control it's volume. Not really very many cons. The green LED blinks like crazy when it's in use, and that's a bit distracting. Also, it's a bit large, so any adjacent USB ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bylathans1 on 11/13/2010

Clear and good audio. Works on windows, mac and linux. Powerfull enough for Koss Porta Pro. No drivers needed. Unable to use any adjacent usb ports if you're not using an extension cable. Mic input seems to be mono only. No additional value over SKU 45577, except black color instead of white. Shows up ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byCharger244 on 08/21/2010

Some other products were cheaper but I liked the buttons on this one. They work without having to modify anything in Windows. The adapter was detected under Windows 7 32 bit with no problems, it works and provides great sound with no artifacts that I can hear. None that I can see (or hear!) My EeePC ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byzixuan on 08/04/2010

Sound quality was much better than I expected. Plug and play on Windows 7. Build quality is quite good too. Not made of soft/cheap plastic. Like what someone has memtnioned. The Left and Right channels are reversed. Can solved by switching your speaker/earphones around. Buttons are alittle hard to press ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byKenjiro96 on 06/30/2010

Cheap, easy to install, works decently The worst con so far is the fact that Left and Right channels are reversed. Now I have to find a way to "unreverse" those channels, otherwise it is useless for me when playing Battlefield Bad Company 2. This game has a nasty crash which makes my computer ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections