Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good product for the price

posted by thew44 on 09/03/2012
    12 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- It does what it is supposed to do
    - Well built aluminium case
    - Power ratings are correct, I tried up to 1300W (peak) and it worked as expected

Cons:

- A euro plug would have been appreciated, instead of an adapter
    - When I received mine, I first believed it was not working, as it was very often going to fault state. Actually for an unknown reason by default the device goes to fault state when the input voltage goes higher than ~13V, which means that when the car engine is started it does not work (voltage ~14.4V). Thanksfully there is a solution: you need to adjust a potentiometer on the main board (after opening the device, can't miss it). Then is works like a charm...

OtherThoughts:

- The device is internally fused (80 Amps in input).
    - Of course, for such a power rating, you need direct battery connections with the right cables (12mm²).

Bottomline:

I used it to power my tools to restore my campervan: drill, saw... (quite heavy usage though). And then to power the on-board 220V systems.
    After 8 months it is still working perfectly, so I can only recommend it, if you fell able to open it and modify the voltage tuning.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections