Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good choice if you want cheap

posted by Raz50 on 11/04/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It looks way better than i expected. Don't know if the leather is real. Probably not for this price but you won't notice the difference anyway. It feels like leather and looks like it. The overall looks are real nice and small details are only visible to perfectionists. But what do you expect? If you want perfection don't go for 8 buck items. So a good job on that. It came in a quite luxurious package so could be great as a gift.

Cons:

Once you unscrew the bottom you'll see why this is a cheaper knob. It doesn't matter though. It's sturdy enough to hold for a long time and once installed no actual flaws are visible.
    The paint finnish is not smooth as a mirror. But only visible under bright light in the right angle.

OtherThoughts:

It does have shifter diagrams on top. I can't remember if you have an option in this. Mine came in 5 shifter with R on the right bottom. As it should be for my car. Really can't remember if i had any choice in it or am just lucky.

Bottomline:

I bought it as a cheap patch up on my old little Marbella. That original gearknob was completely detoriated. Perhaps this one is a little too luxurious and i should have chosen a more simplistic design. This would probably look better in a bigger car. But i'm more than satisfied. The product is better than for what you paid.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections