• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good quality bright light

posted by missionaryman on 01/02/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Bright, long run time, complete kit, well made compared to cheaper alternatives, mains & car charging options.
    Really comes into its own when zoomed out into a flood light, in a really dark open space it can create an amazing wall of light.
    Proper spun aluminium reflector, quality threads everywhere and quality fit & finish

Cons:

Bit pricey by today's Chinese made HID offering's standards
    Awful tint - I have whiter halogens
    Bit of a mismatch for an HID to make it a flooder not a thrower, if you want a floodlight you buy and LED light not an HID light, that said - throw on this light is hopeless
    Start up time to max brightness is about 2x as long as all my other HID lights
    The silver bezel on the black light is bad taste and doesn't work in this combo, paint it to match.
    At this price they really should throw in a metal case

OtherThoughts:

Whilst this is expensive for a Chinese made generic 1400lmn 24w HID I have to point out (as an owner of other non-DX Chinese made HID light offering twice the brightness for less or same pricing) that this light is far better built and obviously comes from proper quality control standards than many of the others. The threads are smooth, the fit & finish good, the operation & functionality perfect, this one has a proper turned aluminium reflector and everything is threaded into place (there are copious amounts of epoxy holding the wrong bits together on my other Chinese HID's and they all have rubbish wafer thin reflectors)
    This light has been with DX for so long now that they really should have some add on options for it by now like a smooth reflector for proper HID throw

Bottomline:

Well made, bright & extremely practical but getting long in the tooth now and hence over priced, time for DX to get into the 50w action.
    It's a good, no great floodlight but then again you don't buy a HID to use as a flood light

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections