DX » Community » Reviews » S08-8 Cree XR-E Q5 230lm 1-Mode Cool White Flashlight - Black (1 x 14500 / 1 x AA)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byAalstad on 07/06/2014

The light is bright: 230 lumens are probably not far off. It is fairly small, and fits in my palm. Clip is strong and useful. AA battery is very common in my country, easily replaced when empty. O-rings seems somewhat flimsy, but they do the job. At maximum focus, the LED square is clearly visable on ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byyan137 on 03/25/2014

Smnall, bright and runs on 1xAA battery just fine. Compared with my old 180lm flashlight, and it is significantly brighter. The spread is nice with much softer drop-off. Front cap a bit flimsy, had to tighten it up, and the rubber protection ring was stuck on one of the flashlights I ordered. Glass lens ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byPody47 on 03/25/2014

This is one of the best things i have bought here on dx, the flashlight is small and easy to use. When i received it i tought it was way to small and was just going to break but after "field testing" it for over an month i have to say it`s a real solid build. You can allways see a "ring&... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byzobijax on 03/14/2014

* Very bright * Small * Handy for small places or to take it with you everywhere * The zoom function * Normal AA's, easy to find batteries if you don't have a charger * The price for this one can't be much better! Maby the place of the switch, it could have been on the side instead of the bottom, but ... Read more

1 0 1

• posted bypacemaker83 on 03/08/2014

Small, light, powered by one of the most common batteries (AA). Good spill light (not using throw) makes is useful at close range. Zooming is quick by just moving the lens up and down. Only 1 mode. Slow strobe would be useful to make it a bike light. Metal clip can be detached. Battery cap could have ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bymadkeinam on 03/06/2014

Small size AA & 14500 power Nice flood A lot of light 1h12min time of running on "900mAh" 14500 Lens made of plastic (scratched) A little bit loose zoom ring I bought this flashlight as an EDC in my motorcycle jacket pocket. It's great, it have nice flood so it can nicely iluminate your ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byRechter on 03/04/2014

- Bright, this thing easily outperforms my 2 D-Cell Maglite - brightnesswise - Very cheap! - Well built - Nice clicky feel on the switch - Compact - Short battery life as stated in the description - When placed standing with the lens down, it feels and sounds as if the lens touches the surfaces. Not ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byjgt98 on 03/04/2014

- Super Bright even use only one AA Battery - Has a Rigid body (I guess it's also weather proof) - I try test it using AA Bat from my other flashlight and it's still bright. - Test it using rechargeable AA Bat. Also Brigth. Exacly what I want from an AA Bat Flashlight. I have several spare Rechargeable ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymihai25 on 02/26/2014

This S08 flashlight offer plenty of light for this size, is zoomable, you can take it with you everywhere, can stand on its back for flood lighting, it use regular AA battery, the light is warm and pleasant. Zoom need grase (not big deal to add some), battery doesn't take long time (normal for this level ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymathiascar on 01/29/2014

The low Price The small Size its small enough to have in your pocket The Lumination was far Superior to my expectations It seems to have a good battery life as well I cant think of any especially at This price Did not expect much at This pricerange and i would absolutely recommend it. I actually bought ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections