DX » Community » Reviews » 30W Electronics DIY Soldering Iron (110V AC)
  • 5 star 11 ( 48% )
  • 4 star 11 ( 48% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byquasicoltd on 05/24/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Cheap, Compact, Easy to use. Operation is simple, plug in and solder away! No controls of any sort. Just be sure to use a stand since there is no off switch. Tips can be changed out by unscrewing 2 screws. Build quality was solid for it's price range. Cons:Don't be fooled... Read more

0 0
  • posted byalfredstokes on 05/03/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:i think that product presents good quality for the money spent for your hobby. It heats really quickly and work just fine for someone who use it ocasionaly It does the work. Very good price Cons:Cord is little bit short, and when you first plug it in, It smokes for a wh... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhxindx on 05/02/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good price and looks not bad. If only it were the right voltage as the title says! Cons:Useless when there are only 110V sockets in your whole continent! It clearly printed on the package 220V. Also there is a sticker says 220V on the handle. OtherThoughts:Before I plac... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrussotragik on 03/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:heated so fast, that didn't took 50 seconds to be ready to use! Impressivelly good quality materiais, the soldering tip is really precise! Cons:no one at all, really, i'm really a discerning consumer, and i loved this one, so believe me, there's absolutelly no c... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCeciriel on 02/01/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:GOOD ! I don't know why, but I really enjoy using this soldering iron (and I've used a LOT of them in 30+ years as a hobyist). It's light, but *just* heavy enough that the weight of the cord won't drag it instantly off your desk or stand. The handle is cool and the tip... Read more

GOOD ITEM!
    0 0
  • posted byTeriyakiSawce on 09/27/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Pretty good soldering iron for the price. It heats up very nicely and easy to clean. The cord is long enough for most applications and it heats up very fast. Cons:The problem with this soldering iron is that it doesn't balance that nicely and it feels a bit cheap. Theres... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySteiner1000 on 06/06/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:The handle and grip are comfortable this if a 110 V device and work great here in Canada. If it had to pick this up at radio shack it would be $10+ and I think the build quality of this unit is better. Used a lot of soldering iron in my time and this one is a gr... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybeemo on 07/14/2011

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This is my first soldering iron and first soldering experience. I was able to use it to solder my diy headphone project with little difficulty. It heats up quite quickly. Cons:- The smoking is concerning, but after reading the reviews it was surprising and you... Read more

0 0
  • posted byioKKon on 05/24/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This soldering iron heats up fairly quickly and works just as well as any other plug in iron style I've used aside from the fancy ones with temperature controls and bases (that also cost 20 / 30x as much). Didn't electrocute me like some others have mentioned. That's alwa... Read more

0 0
  • posted byChivalryx on 03/19/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:-Cheap -Heats up quickly -Light weight -Good cable length -Decent tip Cons:-Smokes on first usage (not sure if it will do this every time?) -No stand or anything to prop it up OtherThoughts:Not sure if the smoking when it was first used will last in future. Ho... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections