Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Very cheap for a device like this
- Doesn't do frequency conversion. Most 220~230V countries use 50Hz instead of 60Hz, which is what a 110V device would expect to receive. In most cases this will only result in a slightly higher power draw, tho.
- North American connector on a device that uses 220~230V input? What were they thinking...
- The power rating is only 50W.
- Plugs with a wider neutral blade wont fit without modifications (you need to cut the plastic around the socket a bit).
- Grounded plugs wont fit either.
I bought two of these and there's something loose inside both of them. They still work properly, tho.
Well, it's cheap allrgiht. And it does what it promises to do. And that's about it. If the cons don't bother you, it's a good deal.
Don't forget to grab yourself a plug converter as well if you buy one of these.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.