Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Very easy to use. Really nothing complicated here.
- Has small LEDs on both devices which show that they are powered.
- Only needs 4 wires (2 pairs) of the UTP cable to work - wires 1-2 and 3-6
- The LEDs are behind some not very transparent plastic so not very bright.
- No USB 2.0 speed (480 mbit), only USB 1.1 speed. This is not a problem for keyboards, mice, probably for standart VGA USB cameras too. Don't expect high trhoughput if you connect USB flash drives though.
- Don't expect this to show as a USB device, it doesn't work that way. It is not like the USB-HUB extenders.
- Don't try a crossover ethernet cable!
- Would be nice if it had a connector for external power on the remote end.
Nice, small, not expensive. Would be even better if it supported USB 2.0 speed, but...
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.