DX » Community » Reviews » USB-over-RJ45 USB Cable Power Amplified Extension Adapters - Extends USB Upto 45 Meters (Pair)
  • 5 star 4 ( 80% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works with Web Cams + USB Hubs

posted by david754 on 04/29/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Got it working with a (non-powered) usb hub, and I hooked up 2 USB Web cams to it. I was having trouble with the webcams over a long ethernet cable, but a shorter one works fine.

Works as described:

It's as if you are plugging something in right beside your computer (but in my case I was 2 floors away).

Cons:

I had a lot of trouble getting it up and running with a USB hub from far 120+ feet away, i think it came down to a bandwisth issue, this can't be resolved from what I know. I have about 15+ feet worth of cat5e and it finally works, havent tried longer than that or less than about 120 feet.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Got it working with a (non-powered) usb hub, and I hooked up 2 USB Web cams to it. I was having trouble with the webcams over a long ethernet cable, but a shorter one works fine.

Works as described:

It's as if you are plugging something in right beside your computer (but in my case I was 2 floors away).

I had a lot of trouble getting it up and running with a USB hub from far 120+ feet away, i think it came down to a bandwisth issue, this can't be resolved from what I know. I have about 15+ feet worth of cat5e and it finally works, havent tried longer than that or less than about 120 feet.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections