Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Shiny, attractive, durable, and fun.

posted by Schooley on 05/31/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-Has LOTR engravings

-Has an appealing look to it (it's very smooth, and very shiny)

-Durable, won't break easily

-Fits well on my ring finger (but don't fall asleep with it on your middle finger or it make take some time getting it off in the morning!)

-Magnetism is acceptable (not outstanding, but you should be able to move things from under a thin desk, or hold a half-full aluminum pop can with no hands!)

Cons:

NONE! But if we want to get specific...

-LOTR engravings are questionable. At first I thought they were painted on, but I couldn't scrape them off, so I'm assuming they were lightly engraved.

Bottomline:

This ring is well worth it. It's fun to play around with, and your friends will love it. The build is strong enough that it should last you if you don't do anything crazy with it. This ring may begin to chip noticeably as the months go on if you do a lot of rough work with your hands, but otherwise it should be fine. I let some my friends play with it, and one guy decided to chuck it at a wall- this put a nice crack in it, but not a noticeable crack. I decided I'd get a new one and see how many hits this one could take. When I got an actual portion of the ring to break off, I could still wear it because it would be attracted to the broken piece! Oddly enough, if it does break off, the broken off piece will repel itself if you try to put it back on how it was, but if you flip it upside down it will go right back on (except your LOTR characters won't match up).

I enjoyed this ring. I have a feeling that future reviews will say that it is very breakable, I encourage you not to let those get in your way of purchasing it! It is after all a magnet, and I find it very acceptable for that.

Have fun!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections