• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• works

posted by shadowsfail on 04/19/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

works like it should i have not tested the mic input yet but i do not really need that. works in win xp/7. i got this just to see if there is a difference in the usb sound adapters on this site.

Cons:

way too loud at least for headphones. thought it would be useless until i realized that win 7 didnt support my onboard audio.i took a pair of jvc (un-amped or unpowered) speakers and hooked everything up to this device and it works fine and sounds really good streaming internet radio. low volume levels still kinda sound disorted but it is too quiet for the speakers im using anyway so i keep it at 100%.

OtherThoughts:

after the modding(i had to cut the plastic case to make room for other usb port) and taping everything up this is actually a good use and upgrade for older systems. the R&L outputs are like other adapters and are reversed but not a problem when dealing with wire hookups on speakers.

Bottomline:

mod it or do whatever you want this is a nice find. if you know what your doing you can find a use for it and if not at least you didnt spend $20 on it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections