Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Not the best quality charger on DX...

posted by RevolverOcelot on 04/11/2010
    3 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

A decent charger but not fantastic. The best things about this charger is that it is a small single slot charger. This is handy for when you travel and only need to charge one battery. Battery does fit all unprotected and some protected 18650 batteries. If you are using protected batteries, I can confirm that Trustfire 2400mah batteries (SKU.5776) does fit in this charger. Charger plugs directly into the wall and does not require a cable.

Cons:

Batteries will max out at 4.17V but the charger does not automatically shut off. Instead, it continues to trickle charge. Charger will also not fit some protected batteries so buyer beware! Charge rate is only 250mA so expect a long charge time for most batteries.

OtherThoughts:

When I install a battery into the charger, the green LED automatically lights up. When the unit is being charged, the red LED lights up with the green LED. When the battery nears full charge, the red LED will dim and eventually go out. I'm not sure why the green LED lights up... it seems to be unnecessary for this charger. The manufacturer should have made the green LED for charging and the red LED to indicate a completed charge. Charger is shipped in a plain cardboard box.

Bottomline:

The idea of the charger not having an automatic shut-off worries me. This, plus the fact that it can take 6-8 hours to fully charge a battery is a big concern. Do not leave this charger unattended! This charger is handy for travel but for a dedicated at-home charger, get something else.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections