DX » Community » Reviews » TrustFire TR002 Lithium Battery Charger for 10440 / 14500 / 17670 / 18650 (100~240V)
  • 5 star 14 ( 54% )
  • 4 star 11 ( 42% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 4% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great single charger

posted by dannyc on 09/03/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Charges at 500mA, which means there's no quick charging involved = longer battery life.

Batteries don't heat up when charging/fully charged. Tops them off at 4.10V on the average. Does not overcharge.

Cons:

Sizzling noise when left plugged in and idle, or when charging is finished! Kinda scary, so don't leave these things plugged and unattended. Take the battery out once the light turns green and unplug when done. Some stated that this is "normal", although I have to disagree, as I have other chargers that don't emit such noises. That's the only CON I can find in this product!

OtherThoughts:

Hopefully they can fix that sizzling noise problem. Even though this thing charges without any incident (knock on wood), I really don't want to be caught off guard when it decides to just burn itself up, lol.

Bottomline:

Great price for a single charger. Build quality (exterior) is great, no external power adapters needed. Doesn't really give you that much of a "peace of mind" if you hear it sizzling though. :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections