• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good chager except for protected IC lithium Ion Batteries

posted by Illyusha on 11/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Safe charger that seems to contain circuitry to prevent over charging rechargeable lithium ion batteries.

Cons:

This battery charger although it says it will work with both protected and unprotected lithium ion batteries I found that not true. It will not charge protected lithium ion batteries to full capacity. It should however work well and safely on non protected lithium ion batteries.

OtherThoughts:

Trustfire protected lithium ion 14500 batteries I tried to charge will not charge over 3.45V even when left charging for weeks. I think it's because the battery's on inbuilt overcharge protection and the charger's inbuilt over charge protection work against eachother.

Bottomline:

Use this charger for the cheaper unprotected lithium ion batteries to prevent overcharge.

To charge protected lithium ion batteries to full capacity 4.25V such as the Trustfire black with yellow flame 14500 battery don't use this charger. Use a cheap $2 charger insead.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections