Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Near perfect

posted by CodilX1 on 04/13/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Long battery life

Only charged once in 2 months or so after receiving it.

- Contact support

Could be more than the 200 limit, but it doesn't bother me too much. Only annoying thing is, after syncing with my iPhone - it adds 'mobile' after each contact name

- Compact

When leaving the car, you can put the device anywhere - it's small.

- Good sound quality & descent mic

Depends on who you're talking to, what are the persons sound settings and speaker, you don't have to speak loudly for them to hear you. Some people either have low sound settings or something, because I do have to raise my voice sometimes, but generally I speak at the same level I normally do. The speaker in the device is descent - good quality and is loud enough to hear the other person driving at ~130km/h, and for them to hear you.

- Solar charging

It works - even indoors by the window.

Cons:

- Uncomfortable contact list

It's too much of hassle to find a contact to call while driving. I always have to use my phone to do so. After contact syncing, it arranges the contacts by the phone numbers, as apposed to the names. No option to change that. My iPhone doesn't support voice dialing, maybe if it did, I wouldn't have this problem

- No built in option menu

I wish there was a menu built in the device. It comes with good instructions, but they're complicated and easy to forget. You have to press a combination of buttons and certain intervals, instead of having a menu. Not a biggy to setup at first, but managing it is difficult.

- Answer button a bit laggy

The answer button is laggy. You press it, and it takes ~2-3 seconds for you to hear the other person, and at the same time, the device still rings after pressing it. So if you press it again (thinking you didn't press it hard enough), you drop the call.

- Caller ID

Another annoying thing is the caller ID. When someone is calling you, it shows the number instead of the contacts name for about 5 or more seconds, and only then the name. It would be better if it would just show the name, or the name first and number second. It's a pain to stare at the device while driving, to know who's calling.

Bottomline:

Probably the only thing I've order from here that feels like I bought something from a normal store. Came with a box, instructions, everything packed. Overall this is an amazing device. I wish it cost a little less, and was more user friendly, but it's still worth it. I would recommend this to anyone.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections