There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Awesome!

posted by kevojy on 02/07/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

This little thing is awesome. It doesn't let you zoom in THAT close but it's still cool, the things you can see. Be creative, it's cool to look at organic things like eyes (without the light!) and whatnot but other stuff is cool too. Plus I can see it being useful for someone who needs to look closeup at things like minerals.

Cons:

It doesn't show things that close. Most details that it reveals can be made out with the human eye. But you don't have to strain and it's a lot more fun looking through this. Also looking at stuff kind of gets boring after awhile...

OtherThoughts:

I haven't tried it yet, but I assume you could do some decent and very basic dark field microscopy with this. Of course it would have to be on prepared slides (don't expect to be looking at protozoans) but it offers different views of things..

Bottomline:

It's worth the price if you're interested in this type of thing. It would make a great toy for kids, as long as they don't go shining the light in each other eyes. I know I would have loved to have one of these when I was a kid.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections