DX » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire WF-008 Recoil Thrower 230-Lumen LED Flashlight w/ Cree Q5-WC (1*18650/2*CR123A)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bylasermanathome on 05/11/2013

The throw of this flashlight is extreme, the spill in nevertheless of a small amount, this can be a big advantage when you have to inspect tubes or other long and s,mall constructions, The light far away is not blown away by the spill. The R2/R5 itselve gives about 230 Lumens but a big part of is... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bylasermanathome on 03/14/2013

It looks like a flashlight with the (very good) R2 with an expected 250 lumen and so not to be compaired with a flashligt with the 10 Watt T6(0) wich delivers about 800-1000 lumens. But this is a RECOIL. the technique used to beam the airplanes in the second worldwar. The reflectormirror is a of... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byflyboy284 on 02/08/2013

Flashlight is a nice thrower and has a very bright beam. Solid aluminum construction feels nice and helps dissipate heat. Glass lens Light is smaller than expected Light is not regulated, brightness is steadily diminished as the battery drains. I usually change the battery when the high setting a... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bypranasbpranasb on 01/17/2013

well built, long battery life, good switch, lightweight, o-rings makes it waterproof, recoil thrower makes square hot spot without rings and artifacts around hot spot could be smaller at 100m distance; Q5 led is too weak for hunting, maybe not 230lum, because wf-501b with R2 gives more contrast 1... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymrbubl3s on 09/02/2012

Awesome! The build quality is great. Throws light VERY well. The threads are smooth. It has lines lathed into the side rather than it just being smooth. Everything is in position, there's no rattling. The reflector and diode on mine came clean, so that's always a +1. Fits in your hand nicely. It... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bysakachispas on 07/28/2012

excellent built quality,light weight,easy to use and this light is the daddy of the throw,plus you can't beat dx price you wont get anything better under $50 3 modes not really a con but a 1 mode might be usefull, not really a con either but it is a thrower nothin else if you need a flood light i... Read more

0 0 2

• posted bydiegune on 01/17/2012

Excelente producto, muy buena construccion y calidad de materiales. Es tremendo!!!! lo que ilumina en el modo maximo!!! Tiene una efectividad de 100 metros, sin dispersion, tiene un centro de iluminacion muy bueno!! super recomendable para usarla en largas distancias!! La unica contra que le es y... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byJLCANCINO on 04/02/2011

Flashlight highly specialized. Great pitcher, easily reaches 100 meters. Good machining. White light, not blue as others. The screw thread of the tail is not very neat. Lubricant does not come with thermal paste nor low led (although not needed as only a Q5). Could have a memory. Ideal for use a... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byfdaniel on 03/09/2011

+ Range of the beam is simply amazing for the size of the flashlight + Compact + Good price - LED has a blueish tint - Square-shaped beam - Not very polyvalent - Threadings are a bit rough, screwing them is not very fluid I would have find more ergonomical to have a driver that switch between is... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byShadowMate123 on 02/01/2011

- This Light is a fantastic thrower. i use it for Hunting and have picked up fox eyes out past 200 meters and rabbits out to 150 meters. - Nice and sturdy, but remains quite light making it perfect to mount onto a scope. - Excellent runtime that seems fairly regulated. - The Memory system is a in... Read more

0 0 0

DX Everywhere