DX » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire WF-008 Recoil Thrower Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A)
  • 5 star 15 ( 52% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 21% )
  • 3 star 5 ( 17% )
  • 2 star 2 ( 7% )
  • 1 star 1 ( 3% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great product

posted by Chickenthief on 06/10/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Excellent build quality. Machining and surface treatment is top notch.

A great thrower and nothing more. Forget using this as a normal flashlight, it has zero spill and a very focused beam with a narrow spread.

Cons:

Mine has a bent post for the led. It is bad! So I cant understand how it got past quality control. But nonetheless it performs well and the general build quality is excellent, and by far surpasses other Ultrafire flashlights I own.

The other issue I have is that mine is without regulation and as a consequence it will not accept 2 x CR123A batteries. I tried it and talk about an angry blue LED!!!

OtherThoughts:

I think Ultrafire makes more model variations of this light and as a result they sometimes mix up deliveries and thats why I have receieved a model without regulation.

Bottomline:

Great light but only for distant lighting.

The beam is less than a square meter at 10 meters distance and the useful spill is about zero.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections