Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• best gps tracker around right now

posted by preekjul on 11/04/2010
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

All in one easy to use device. The battery is quite alright too. If you're familiar with your car or bike's electronics you can combine the sos function with your alarm system. The device is also waterresistant. At least resistant enough for everyday outdoor/motorbike use.

Cons:

The manual is very poor. So if your not into reading and trial and error or browsing the web comparing manuals, a simple setup can be quite a hassle. The batery is ok too. But I would like to see a normal type of battery in future models. Where to buy a new one if it's dead, right? A Nokia type or AA, AAA type would be more usefull.

OtherThoughts:

The device performs great. But it would be more usefull if you can shoot a config file to the device. Maybe by memory card or USB. Setup by SMS is ok too, but the initial setup takes some messages to complete.
    I've created an easy setup tool for the [b]TLT-2H[/b] [i]GPS Tracker[/i] using [i]Android App Inventor[/i]. Just to play around with the new Google tool. And, evne better, it saves me from typing all these SMS commands everytime.
    What was it to request my current location, what command sends the last 24h history to gps-trace orange? Just choose a command and the tool creates the valid command to send.
    Also, I've included most (all) of the common commands like add phone number 1, you can edit the command later by typing a 2 of 3 if you want to add more numbers. Set geo-fence, upload gprs location etc etc. All the numbers I could find in defferent versions of the manuals available. And ofcourse the ones I use myself setting up my TLT-2H.
    You can use your barcodescanner to download the application:
    [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4144381/app/barcode.png[/img]
    Or the direct link to [b]TLT2H_Easy_Setup.apk[/b]
    [url]http://alturl.com/4vmbj[/url]
    Anyway, feel free to try. It can save you a lot of time, instead of setting up the device manually. And you don't have to brwose the terrible manuals yourself.

Bottomline:

Great device for an great price. Find the best provider for a sim-only subscription in your country and you can start tracking.
    There are also some free tracking services online; the one I would suggest is gps-trace.com. This one has by far the best interface and functionality. Like downloading trackdata, set alerts by mail and sms and a history online up to a month.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections