Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good tracker!

posted by phophollety on 08/27/2012
    4 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Good tracker, easy to config to work via SMS and GRPS (with many avaiable free servers), sometimes the commands via SMS take some while to answer, because the delay of the GSM network, but this will change from country/carrier/location, the output relay is a NPN or MASS type, you connect your relay with the coil to +VCC/BAT signal and the output will send the negative/reference/mass signal to close the coil.

Cons:

The stand by consumption is pretty hight, 35mA, which is an issue for motorcycles with small batteries (7/8A is the normal for up to 250cc), reading the manual I think its possible to set a low consumption mode, but I'm not sure yet how.

OtherThoughts:

There is two connectors, the 6 pin, which is used for +VCC, GND, IGN, SOS and cut off signals, there is also a second, 4 pin connector, which the manual do not tell anything about and I'd like to know what is the use. Also, there is an mini USB connector, which also unknown how to use (if you search more, looks to be a direct connection with the GSM modem)

Bottomline:

Its a good deal for the price, many functionalities but the manual is pretty bad, the text is kind off bad written (chinese people writing in english...). The bottomline is: Buy of you want a cheap and useful tracker but keep in mind that will be some pain to understand the manual.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections