DX » Community » Reviews » Pen Style Non Contact AC Voltage Detector (90V~1000V/2*AAA)
  • 5 star 9 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 17% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byiaris on 07/05/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Product that is useful for personal safety. Very simple, that is why it never will stop to work (only depends of batteries) But battery also works many time, I use it more than 1 year every day. Cons:Tight battery cover, I broke it in the first day but insulat... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAndremamp on 11/13/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:works well and it is very affordable and really easy to use. Cons:The holding clip that allows to use it hanging on clothing like a pen it took weak. break too easily. Eg. my one broke on the third time I used. but the pen and every thing is working well. OtherThoughts:... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfilia777 on 06/17/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Workes without fail for me during small electrical repairs around the house. Very easy to use, just jab it into the outlet or touch an exporsed live wire and if it lights up without fail. Always have it in my poket when doing something with electricity, it's l... Read more

1 0
  • posted byAngelhell on 01/03/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very good and useful tool for everyone who feels need to work with electricity! Product that is useful for personal safety. Compulsory for every bag of tools. Using the product is easy and everyone can work with it. I am very pleased with this acquisition. The... Read more

0 0
  • posted byposproger on 10/10/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- Cheap - Small enough - Bright light Cons:- Tight battery cover (but made from thin plastic). You need patience and accuracy to open it. - If the cable is thick (more than about 5 mm) it may not to show voltage from all sides of the cable. And you must move it around the... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjuan9219 on 07/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:.works very well .is very cheap, in my country costs like 10 time more .is very easy to use .is not dangerous to use it because you dont need to cut any cable or nothing .the light is bright enough Cons:.the quality is not the best .doents comes with batteries... Read more

testing a socket testing a cable testing land
    2 0
  • posted byjojpaul on 05/21/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Cheap. Long battery life (over 6 months and counting with occasional use) Helps with troubleshooting. Light weight. Easy to use. Safe. Cons:You get what you paid for. It is not as easy as quickly plugging it in. Sometimes you need to move it around to get a re... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrokig on 04/11/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Good, nice product, doing the job: detects existance of voltage, in non-contacting method, gives a red light detection signal. Good way, to detect existance of voltage, when it is difficult, to measure by a DVM or a screwdriver-tester, such as long cables, wit... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfirethorn on 03/30/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Product is very sensitive (with few limitations - see Cons). Cons:Minor Grievances only: -Battery slot is a bit tacky to open. -Like most cheap things, you may need to get an angle on it. It would sometimes not light up without my reangling the device. OtherThou... Read more

1 0
  • posted byDark00 on 03/14/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Cheap, the same "brand name" item costs ten times more - Works very well, it's quite sensitive and detects voltage even in many devices if you put it near Cons:- Not 100% reliable (doesn't always detect the presence of the AC voltage in the cases where you e... Read more

1 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections