• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Well... worked at 720p for me.

posted by yluzon on 01/13/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

+ cheaper than every other available solution that I found, including similar products.

+ enables you to connect a projector or a monitor up to 35 meters (never tested it with this length, though).

+ works at 720p, and maybe can work at 1080p as well, if using CAT-5 or CAT-6 of better quality than those I used for my tests.

Cons:

- didn't prove to be working at 1080p. maybe better ethernet cables should be used, I tested it with very simple cable.

- if in the future you'll have a different type of projector or monitor which won't work with this solution, you'll be stuck with cables running through the walls and without a working hdmi connection...

OtherThoughts:

* I didn't use it eventually because I found an hdmi cable long enough for my needs. it worked when I tested it at 720p (which is all my projector supports anyway), but I decided to use real hdmi cable so in the future I won't have problem if I ever replace my projector.

Bottomline:

not for videophiles, but works as a cost effective solution, at least at 720p.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections