DX » Community » Reviews » UV-Index Detection Dynamic Color Beads Cell Phone Strap
  • 5 star 3 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 67% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by ZbynekLtd on 05/28/2013

Pros: Just working, nice looking gadget for everyone. Cons: I didn't find any cons - it is just so simple build :-) OtherThoughts: Showing UV not only in direct sunlight, but also in daylight through the window's glass . Of course, colours then are very, very delicate. Intensity of colours depends on UV level. Bottomline: Just nice working gadg... Read more

0 0
  • posted by crisgoet on 01/22/2013

Pros: Those plastic stones do really turn colored when exposed to UV light, such as the Sun (even in cloudy days), and back to transparent when indoors, exposed to standard lighting. They take just 10 seconds to fully respond to UV and 2 minutes to go back without it. Fun and cute! It's even cheaper than other standard phone stripes sold in the... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Ariaofmarina on 12/16/2012

Pros: Good as a cellphone strap. Have yet to see if it works under UV ray as the opportunity hasn't presented yet, but it doesn't matter. If it does work as described, I'll buy this again as gifts for others. Cons: Nothing right now. OtherThoughts: The shape of the bottom is a cute little pig. My sister really likes it, though you might want to... Read more

0 0
  • posted by filekb on 11/11/2012

Pros: These beads are small, light and easy to carry anywhere you want to being them. They seem to actually work on UV and not just on the brightness of the light like some of the othe UV detectors I have tried. On a bright summer day I took the beads outside and they turned really dark purple indicating high UV index. I then put the bead behin... Read more

0 0
  • posted by cmarino on 07/04/2012

Pros: The colour changes almost immediatly when exposed to UV radiation. It is useful to test sun glasses, UV lights and sunscreen. Another good thing is that it is easy to use and can be attached to your phone, bag, etc. Cons: Mine came with a blue plastic pendant which I think could be a bit smaller. This accessory is made in a cheaper qualit... Read more

0 0
  • posted by cadocado on 08/05/2011

Pros: Nice little gimmick that responds to UV radiation. Put it in UV light, the beads change colour. Remove it from UV light, the beads turn white. Useful for - testing sunglasses - testing suncream - warning for UV light - Nice gift Cons: Cons: Does not give a strong indication of the strength of the UV light. It'd be nice if blue meant 'ther... Read more

0 0
  • posted by OrangeMarmalade on 10/15/2010

Pros: -It is very small, very easy to carry. -The results are really clear and pretty accurate. -I use it to test my sunglasses UV protection and it works very well. -It looks good! -When it is in contact with UV rays, the color changes really fast! -It is really simple to use... :p Cons: -It is a little bit long before it loses its colours...... Read more

1 0
  • posted by matrix-neo on 09/02/2009

Pros: This is a nice looking bracelet that is awesome as a gift, it has two in one function, it's a beautiful looking bracelet and it will let you know when there is too much UV radiation The beads will go darker in color depending on how much UV light you receive, so the bottom ones go like a smoky color and the top ones will go dark red if yo... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Mialee on 06/21/2009

Pros: Nice looking strap with the cute beads. The beads change from colour immediately after exposing them to sunlight, very cool and lovely! Very easy to use and instructions are not needed at all! The quality of the beads and the strap are good. Cons: Though the actual colour changes do not really match the given indications, everything works... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections