DX » Community » Reviews » Seagull Remote Slave Trigger for Digital Camera SYK-5
  • 5 star 8 ( 44% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 44% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bytopflight on 07/03/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This is a very inexpensive option for wireless flash triggers involving modern digital cameras. Cons:Can fall apart easily, but goes back just as easily. Does not work in sunlight or with bright overhead lights. Takes some finagling to get the secondary flash... Read more

1 0
  • posted byTinou74650 on 06/12/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works well, fit on a tripod and can carry a standard flashlight. The cell goes on the front, you have to take it in account when you put the flashlight on the scene. Cons:you have to trim the delay for the preflash: I use the red eye mode. Keep in mind that you loose th... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysalcudean on 10/04/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Cheap, easy to use. Allows to experiment with off camera flash mounted on a light stand [metal thread] - PC sync connector that makes it useful with cameras that does not have hot shoe. Cons:It does not have a system to block the flash on it. That would be usefu... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybadtzdiana on 10/20/2010

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:finally found a small gadget to trigger my canon 430exii and still can use with my pop up flash to trigger it! Was using a Rf remote control to trigger my canon flash externally and popup flash not able to be used when trigger is mounted on camera's hotshoe. Cons:it f... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOsramp on 06/02/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Cheap, no batteries. Very easy to use and rather well built. Looks very professional. Cons:It will depend on the camera you own, if it will work properly. It trigges my old Metz Mecablitz allright, but it is always late. Even with delay on minimum, you will get 8 out of 1... Read more

0 0
  • posted byyoolio on 02/08/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- works with most point and shoots (at least all I have tried) - easy way to experiment with of camera flash - allows to use slave flashes with cameras without hot shoe - metal thread to mount it on tripods Cons:- rather poor build quality (some glueing was ne... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfhecker on 12/10/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It works. I've set G9 to Manual flash mode, Minimum output (Red-eye reduction is off.) SYK-5 is set to flash (not redeye) mode. I have a homebrew white plastic diffuser (round 8" food container) rigged in front of flash. Loverly diffuse light... Cons:Had to try out v... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfanyangto2 on 12/01/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Confirmed working with my Canon 430EX. The flash can be triggered continuously without turning off and on the flash. That was a problem haunting SYK-3 and most optical triggers on the market today. Confirmed that even with the delay dial turned down to the lowes... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfalcon_1898 on 11/18/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Easy to set up...well there is no setup really, just insert the flash, and off you go. The flash sync port is extremely useful. I use mine with the Yinyan BY-28ZP bought from DX. The hot shoe on that flash is a little finicky, so the pc-sync port is really nic... Read more

0 0
  • posted byruverto on 11/08/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Wonderful trigger hot shoe Easy to use and fast to set up. Just slip your flash unit in the hotshoe and start shooting. Cons:The red-eye function is a bit problematic. It's just a simple delay but you have to experiment a little before you get it right. TTL flas... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections