Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Offers off-shoe mounting of your external flashgun

posted by Julz01 on 08/10/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I love this thing as it allows me to use my Canon 430EX remotely whilst using my Canon 400D's built-in flash to trigger the 430EX. This is great for product photography or just about any other type of photography as you can mount the flash anywhere and make use of your camera's built-in flash.

Features a red-eye mode switch (to avoid firing on the first flash) and a sensitivity dial. Works wonderfully and I love how it can be triggered by the camera's built-in flash.

Cons:

The hotshoe mount on the bottom of this unit is too thin and makes it wobbly to mount on my Canon 430EX's plastic stand. No major dramas though as it has a built-in tripod thread on the bottom.

Bottomline:

Adds flexibility of how you use your flash and helps you experiment with flash photography. I'm happy that I bought it, would be great to buy some more of these and some cheap $20-30 flashes to set up a true studio setup with multiple flash sources.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections