There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Does what it should

posted by MrPromee on 10/08/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Seems to be working very nicely. I ordered a couple of these to help set up a triangle light setup and it looks like they'll work for that. There's a dial on the back for sensitivity and a switch for flashes with red eye if you were to need that. Also, there is a cable adapter that allows you to use it to fire a flash on a stand that is pointed away from the camera - the cable could be attached to the base and the base positioned independent of the flash itself.

Cons:

Instructions are in Chinese. While figuring this thing out isn't rocket science, it would be nice if they had an English translation somewhere.

Also, there is no clamp on the base so if you are using an off camera shoe of some sort to hold it rather than the screw base (which works great with the cheap little point and shoot stands they sell here) you'll need to make sure the holder has a clamp down because even though flashes all come with these and consequently, many clamps don't, this will need one on the clamp.

OtherThoughts:

I'm happy with my purchase. If you don't need the red eye or the cable option, you might do a look around for one of the cheaper ones they have.

Bottomline:

Was worth the price - glad I bought 'em.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections