Customer’s impression:
Nice Quality Bad service Extra ATÉ HOJE NÃO RECEBI! good quality and cheap.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Wanna do macro? Get this.

posted by angusW on 03/13/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

You can't beat the price considering the canon extension tubes probably cost around $150. Not much to them so they are easy to use. They are indeed metal. There are three tubes that you can use individually or stack them in different combinations.

Cons:

No electrical contacts so forget about auto focus and changing the aperture. Instructions are in simplified Chinese.

OtherThoughts:

I've been using this with a Rebel XT and a Canon EF-S 17-85 f/4-5.6. Just using this lens without the tubes, you can focus down to 350mm from the front of the lens to the subject. With all three tubes I can get down to about 45mm. I was taking a picture of a Canadian quarter and it would completely fill the lens using the tubes. For $10 the choice of macro shot greatly increases. Even though the instructions are in Chinese there is a chart. The canon tubes will give you auto focus and aperture change, but when you do macro you generally want to be wide open and you should manually focus anyways.

Bottomline:

If you want to do macro then quit thinking about it ya cheapskate. Get the darn tubes already. You'll be happy.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

• Over 200,000 products
  • Extremely low prices
  • Timely refunds and replacements
  • Worldwide free shipping

Subscribe to our newsletter:

DX Everywhere