Customer’s impression:
Nice Quality Extra
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Wanna do macro? Get this.

posted by angusW on 03/13/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

You can't beat the price considering the canon extension tubes probably cost around $150. Not much to them so they are easy to use. They are indeed metal. There are three tubes that you can use individually or stack them in different combinations.

Cons:

No electrical contacts so forget about auto focus and changing the aperture. Instructions are in simplified Chinese.

OtherThoughts:

I've been using this with a Rebel XT and a Canon EF-S 17-85 f/4-5.6. Just using this lens without the tubes, you can focus down to 350mm from the front of the lens to the subject. With all three tubes I can get down to about 45mm. I was taking a picture of a Canadian quarter and it would completely fill the lens using the tubes. For $10 the choice of macro shot greatly increases. Even though the instructions are in Chinese there is a chart. The canon tubes will give you auto focus and aperture change, but when you do macro you generally want to be wide open and you should manually focus anyways.

Bottomline:

If you want to do macro then quit thinking about it ya cheapskate. Get the darn tubes already. You'll be happy.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections