DX » Community » Reviews » Pen Style Non Contact Alarm AC Voltage Detector with LED illumination (90V~1000V/2*AAA)
  • 5 star 12 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pen style voltage tester

posted by PeekaHill on 11/22/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I now have three of these testers because I was impressed enough with the first one on price and performance that I bought two more as gifts for friends who also work with high voltage electrical equipment. The price cannot be beaten (equivalent items are twice or three times the price) and it performs well for its intended purpose.

Cons:

The battery test button does not function on ANY of the three testers that I have bought, so make sure to test that it works on a live circuit before using it to test for a dead one! Also it was VERY difficult to fit the two AAA batteries on the latest two units that I have bought – the first one had no problems. I even stabbed my thumb on the end battery terminal when trying to press the second battery down into place, so be aware of this problem. The bare item is supplied – no packaging and, particularly, no instructions. None are really needed since it can be used by anyone who knows what it is, what it is for, and who know what they are doing. If they don't then they should not be anywhere near high voltage electricity anyway. But some kind of specifications and general function sheet should be included for reference.

OtherThoughts:

The item comes without any form of instructions, but when I Googled the model number shown on the tester it took me to the Fluke website, and Fluke are a well known brand of high quality electrical test equipment. But this does not imply that the tester is in fact a Fluke instrument and it may well be a copy of the Fluke product. However, the instructions and specifications of the Fluke tester seem to be relevant to the DX item and they can be downloaded as a PDF document.

Bottomline:

An adequate product for its intended purpose that does what it is supposed to do, and most particularly, it is available very cheaply which makes it a good purchase.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections