Pretty much the same as the original tip I had on my drapper soldering irons. They work just as well too. Much cheaper than my local hardware store(s). Having the different tips are handy. The diameter is slightly smaller than I was expecting. Im sure this will cause the iron to be least efficient but they still work for my needs. Definitely worth the ... Read more
- The different shapes of tips can (I guess) be useful. - The price is right for amateur use. - The tips have not melted yet (my previous cheap ones did) - The diameter is smaller than stated, and this seems to lead to very poor heat transmission. As a result to tip of the tip (...) doesn't get all that hot. - Surface metal plating wears off, but it ... Read more
High Quality, very easy to solder with
I Just used one of the pointy ones so solder several 0603 SMD LEDs into my xbox controller and it worked perfectly. Instead of 0.16inches diameter the ones I got had only 0,14 inches, and would not fit into the soldering iron.
I used some aluminium foil and wraped it around the tips They are made of Steel instead ... Read more
-As good as the original tips on most soldering irons
-Heats up really well
-Good value for money
-The different shape tips are useful for different soldering jobs. -Thickness: They're about 3.5mm diameter instead of the 4.1mm announced (~12-15% error). Nevertheless, it fits very well on most of the basic 20-30w irons. The Length is OK, practically ... Read more
I bought these soldering ts because I was too cheap to pay any more for something that will be unable in a few months after use. They are a bit longer than the ones that I got when I bought my soldering iron, but they fit and do the job just fine. Really I cannot find any cons with this product, I doubt there could be any flaws with it either. It comes ... Read more
They work much better than the one that came with my (cheap) soldering iron. Despite the description saying stainless steel, they are actually made of copper. The surface material (nickel?) started chipping off when I heated up my soldering iron. However, the solder made better contact with the copper below anyway. The tips were too long, so I shortened ... Read more
Using these in my 30w soldering iron. They heat-up really quick and different shapes allow for different type of soldering jobs. I am a RC hobbyist and usually need to do varying type of soldering jobs like making big connections by soldering 10awg wires and on the other hand requiring very fine soldering work for 3mm leds and so far i am very happy ... Read more
- Heats up really well - just as good as the original tips on most soldering irons
- Good value for money
- The different shape tips are useful for different soldering jobs, depending on how much surface contact you need
- Saves you money. Instead of buying different soldering irons with each one having a different shape tip, you just need one soldering ... Read more
Great soldering iron tips, fitted in my 30watt iron perfectly and replaced my old bent tips that were flaking a lot.
i havn't had a chance to use the different shaped irons yet, but so far they heat much faster than my old ones did. blue tip, dont really know why its there lol
but no cons really... the scraping shaped irons look very useful for desoldering,... Read more
- cheap and they do their job - the end of the tip is coated properly as it should be - they are VERY long. When I used them I felt like I was doing remote soldering or something. I cut them so the length is comparable to the original tip. Well, better too long than too short, right? - one of them is not very useful (I'm sure you can tell which one)... Read more
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.