DX » Community » Reviews » 30W Lead-Free Soldering Iron Tips (4-Tip Set)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bybluestreak101 on 02/09/2014

Pretty much the same as the original tip I had on my drapper soldering irons. They work just as well too. Much cheaper than my local hardware store(s). Having the different tips are handy. The diameter is slightly smaller than I was expecting. Im sure this will cause the iron to be least efficient but ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byahuillet on 10/04/2013

- The different shapes of tips can (I guess) be useful. - The price is right for amateur use. - The tips have not melted yet (my previous cheap ones did) - The diameter is smaller than stated, and this seems to lead to very poor heat transmission. As a result to tip of the tip (...) doesn't get all that ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byKriegsjunkie on 02/05/2013

High Quality, very easy to solder with I Just used one of the pointy ones so solder several 0603 SMD LEDs into my xbox controller and it worked perfectly. Instead of 0.16inches diameter the ones I got had only 0,14 inches, and would not fit into the soldering iron. I used some aluminium foil and wraped ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bydeivsss on 02/01/2013

-As good as the original tips on most soldering irons -Heats up really well -Good value for money -The different shape tips are useful for different soldering jobs. -Thickness: They're about 3.5mm diameter instead of the 4.1mm announced (~12-15% error). Nevertheless, it fits very well on most of the ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bydondeen on 11/05/2012

I bought these soldering ts because I was too cheap to pay any more for something that will be unable in a few months after use. They are a bit longer than the ones that I got when I bought my soldering iron, but they fit and do the job just fine. Really I cannot find any cons with this product, I doubt ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bySerialChiller on 03/16/2012

They work much better than the one that came with my (cheap) soldering iron. Despite the description saying stainless steel, they are actually made of copper. The surface material (nickel?) started chipping off when I heated up my soldering iron. However, the solder made better contact with the copper ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byrizwanrana on 11/02/2011

Using these in my 30w soldering iron. They heat-up really quick and different shapes allow for different type of soldering jobs. I am a RC hobbyist and usually need to do varying type of soldering jobs like making big connections by soldering 10awg wires and on the other hand requiring very fine soldering ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bydexuser on 07/06/2011

- Heats up really well - just as good as the original tips on most soldering irons - Good value for money - The different shape tips are useful for different soldering jobs, depending on how much surface contact you need - Saves you money. Instead of buying different soldering irons with each one having ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bygizmolio on 05/17/2010

Great soldering iron tips, fitted in my 30watt iron perfectly and replaced my old bent tips that were flaking a lot. i havn't had a chance to use the different shaped irons yet, but so far they heat much faster than my old ones did. blue tip, dont really know why its there lol but no cons really... the ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byDark00 on 03/14/2010

- cheap and they do their job - the end of the tip is coated properly as it should be - they are VERY long. When I used them I felt like I was doing remote soldering or something. I cut them so the length is comparable to the original tip. Well, better too long than too short, right? - one of them is ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections