DX » Community » Reviews » 1M Black Heat Shrink Tubing - Five Size Pack (0.8/1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5mm)
  • 5 star 75 ( 86% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 14% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Decent quality, solid amount

posted by tikitarik on 10/09/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Cheap, variety of sizes, standard black, shrinks down nicely without deformities, goes from very small to decent. The sizing is clearly marked on it. You actually get a full meter of each size, and at prices that are way better than any store near me.

Cons:

The tubing is a fair bit smaller in diameter than I was expecting. I was using it for automotive work and a lot of it is just too small. It's also kind of thin walled. Its stood up well to the stresses I've put on it but for automotive work or if its going into a high stress location you really should double it up. Cheap enough that you can do that and still come out ahead though.

OtherThoughts:

Definitely meant more for LEDS or small scale hobbyist wiring. Shipping time was good as usual. Use this to figure out what size would work best for your application and then just pick them up individually in 5m segments. works a lot better.

Bottomline:

Cheap and good quality, meant more for the hobbyist, but the variety makes it useful for anyone. Did I mention cheap?

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections