DX » Community » Reviews » 2.2" Serial SPI TFT Color LCD Module for Arduino - Red + Silver
  • 5 star 4 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 60% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
cool Small Bright Good (slightly slow) LCD module
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byKyleS on 08/17/2014

Nice clear image, good color, minimal pin count, and if you're on a 3v logic system, easy setup. The trade off for being minimal pin count is that it's relatively slow, and works best for static images. Animations on it require being clever if you don't want tearing, and video is novelty-quality, not anything you'd want to show off. If you're not on ... Read more

Impression:Good (slightly slow) LCD module;

1 0
  • posted byblTb86 on 08/17/2014

Took me a while, but I finally got this thing to work with my Arduino Nano. First time I've tried it, all I got was a blank screen. Then, after several days of research I found out that even though it has a built-in voltage regulator, it does not support 5V input. Most of the working solutions involved Level Shifters (which i did not have). Everything ... Read more

Impression:cool,Bright,Small;

1 0
  • posted byAlekzander2013 on 03/25/2014

Compact, good quality, serial interface (SPI), well known controller (ILI9341), lot of drivers for almost every MCU. I get it to work with my STM8S as soon as i wired it correctly (don't forget - it's 3.3v, and RST and SCE is Active Low so they have to be pulled to ground by external resistor or MCU settings). I don't know what to say. If you dont have ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byps2freak on 02/19/2014

Great display, which uses the MISO connectors on the Arduino. So it uses a serial interface. The pro is that it just uses 5 connections on the arduino to make the display work. Should be compatible with the UTFT library, but I use the Adafruit library (https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_ILI9341) Because it is serial it is slow in drawing. This is ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymauroga on 02/08/2014

Nice looking with good retro illumination TFT. Very useful to have an SDCARD reader embedded for stocking images or whatsoever. The SDCard reader is huge. The SPI protocol for the SDCard and the TFT could be mutualised in order to decrease of 5 cables of connections. The SPI protocol for the SDCard and the TFT could be mutualised in order to decrease ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byXarlyX on 12/17/2013

Cheap and useful, Though they are 2 inches this is enough good in the respective to the relation of quality- price. You will have an Screen and a SD slot by THE PRICE OF 1. I am satisfied to have bought it. IT NEEDS AN INSTRUCTION BOOKLET for connecting it to the Arduino. also it should come with an CD with the correct libraries and examples, because ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypitrs33 on 11/30/2013

Very easy to implement with Arduino with UTFT library. I was able to run this almost immediately after connecting it to Arduino UNO. Here is how to connect it: //SDA = SDI, SCL = SCK, CS, RESET, RS = D/S UTFT myGLCD(TFT01_22SP,11,10,9,12,8); Good quality of PCB and manufacturing is also OK. Quite slow due to serial communication. Suitable for simple ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRumpelschnicel on 11/08/2013

Very easy connect to Your controller. Uses 6 pins on microcontroller IO port. 2 pins for power and 1 for LED backlight. Works with any microcontroller who powered from 3.3V Controller based on ILI9341 chip. Datasheet available on internet. Bright picture and perfect resolution. Data transfer to display are too slow for dynamic applications. Cause serial ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byandrethomas on 10/30/2013

cheap, good, stable - a really nice display no documentation, not sooo easy to install with arduino. Only works with 3,3V !!! Need voltage converter or a CMOS4050 for 5V Arduino boards, poor refreshrate because of Ili9341 Chip on board For easy install arduino/atmel avr: download this libraray: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=... Read more

Nice 320x240 TFT Display for my Arduino
    0 0
  • posted bynetiness on 10/22/2013

Small, compact and relatively cheap. The display uses the ILI 9314 chip, so for documentation on how to program the display go to http://www.displayfuture.com/Display/datasheet/controller/ILI9341.pdf. The display also has a SD card reader, although this is not connected. The display has backlight controlled from a separate pin, and was very easy to ... Read more

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections