DX » Community » Reviews » 2.2" Serial SPI TFT Color LCD Module for Arduino - Red + Silver
  • 5 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great color LCD for your small projects

posted by netiness on 10/22/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Small, compact and relatively cheap. The display uses the ILI 9314 chip, so for documentation on how to program the display go to http://www.displayfuture.com/Display/datasheet/controller/ILI9341.pdf. The display also has a SD card reader, although this is not connected. The display has backlight controlled from a separate pin, and was very easy to hook up to my Netduino through SPI. Max speed for SPI clock seems to be around 1.3Mhz, making it a bit slow.

Cons:

The connection pins for SPI was badly corroded, and needed some TLC to get it functioning. Once that was in place it has never failed me. Also, there is no pins soldered for the SD reader. There was no info reg. manual for this display, although the catalog says otherwise. Go to link in Pros: section for more information. I am a bit concerned about the speed, and don't know whether this is an issue on the display or the Netduino...

OtherThoughts:

Once you understand how to program it, setting individual pixels is a piece of cake, it even has hardware scrolling :)

Bottomline:

I have been running this for some days straight now, and there has been no problems. For me this have been good value for money.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections