DX » Community » Reviews » Portable USB 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Diskette Drive (External USB-FDD)
  • 5 star 10 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTheWrecker on 06/12/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Reads 3.5"diskettes (even old ones from the 90's) Great if you need a diskette drive, but you can't connect a FDD because your motherboard does not have a FDD controller. USB powered Windows 8.1 did not need drivers Also detected on my NAS Slim design(can e... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywrobaman on 02/13/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:It is PERFECT. Much faster than old drives, it doesn't require any drivers for XP, it is automatically detected and enabled. I also tried it on my Android tablet, and it works also perfectly! :-) Cons:None found so far. OtherThoughts:It could be interesting if i... Read more

1 0
  • posted byChitarrista on 01/28/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It just works. I've plugged it to my Linuxbox and it just worked. No driver needed. Maybe Windows will need to install something from the miniDisc contained in the package, but I just plugged it, put a floppy inside and I was watching its contents Cons:Maybe i... Read more

0 0
  • posted byToikka on 01/12/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Slim and nice design - Reads all floppy disks without a hitch - Powered by just USB Cons:- The cable is a bit short OtherThoughts:This was a great buy, the floppy disk drive works fine and with no problems whatsoever. It read all the floppy disks I threw at it without... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynikolz888 on 12/25/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Cheap, good quality, didn't ask for drivers. Using on Windows 7, quiet. I believe for this money this is best product you can offer on the market. Now days these are pretty expensive stuff. Cons:No. OtherThoughts:Good product. Cheap, good quality, didn't ask f... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycfenollosa on 11/30/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It is a good floppy drive, easy to use, plug in and just works. I tested it with a Macbook air and it works good. It reads all diskettes. Very useful to retrieve old documents from old diskettes, as new computers do not include a floppy disk drive anymore. Cons:... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNamors on 11/22/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:I bought this unit because I had an old floppy disk that had required data on it, The disk also had some bad sectors on it. The unit read the disk with a disk fixer without a problem. The unit also didn't require the driver, just plug in and away you go. Also be... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypaultech on 10/26/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:As Floppy connection disappear from motherboards it is getting harder to just say to people, Just stick an old floppy drive in. This unit brings that floppy ability back to a PC once again, I have mine packed in my netbook case, and if there is an old floppy t... Read more

0 0
  • posted byEinoT on 09/17/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Very easy to use just plug and play. Works with Mac OSX Snow Leopard and Lion at least. Also got it to work with Ubuntu Linux 11.04 running on Parallels Desktop 6 but it is a bit tricky. Just randomly plugged, unplugged a few times on a different usb ports and it may work... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAnddog on 09/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- Does work in Windows7 without the cd drivers - Plug it in and it works (extra station) - Reads all the disks I fed - No external power supply - NEC controller is used Cons:- The green LED is not bright enough - Led is not blinking when there are data operation... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections