DX » Community » Reviews » Vibration Activated 120dB Anti-Theft Security Alarm with Remote Control Keychain
  • 5 star 26 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 16 ( 37% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great for motorcycles

posted by ubiratamuniz on 06/25/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Small

- DAMN LOUD

- Sensitivity is adequate

- Easy to use

- Remote control

- Comes with a battery

Cons:

- When it goes off, it only stops by using the remote. It should have an "auto-stop" feature that would stop the siren after one minute and only "fire it up" again if messed around. Because of that, on the fourth day somebody stumbled my motorcycle and it kept ringing the entire afternoon, draining the alarm's battery.

OtherThoughts:

I put this one on my motorcycle. It snugs perfectly under the bodywork. It is damn loud. The remote has good range. The sensitivity is ok (bumping the motorcycle fires the alarm, sitting on the bike fires the alarm... etc.), the only problem is that when the alarm sounds, unless you turn it off with the remote or with the on-off switch, it will keep sounding until its battery 9v is drained, it has no automatic shutdown. Since 9v batteries are quite expensive, it is a problem. Well, for the price, what would I expect?

Bottomline:

Cheap and useful. Buy this if you keep your two wheeled vehicle in a hearing distance, so you can turn the alarm off when it fires.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections