Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• The Good, The Bad and the HORNY

posted by veryperson on 02/28/2010
    3 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This horn is loud enough for use in busy streets around cars and buses. It will get you noticed. The lever looks bulky but it's easy to press softer or harder to get different sounds. That's about it for the pros.

Cons:

This horn didn't come with any mounting hardware, the bolts and nuts shown on the pictures didn't come with mine. Actually, I doubt it was even designed to be mounted on a bike in the first place, but it is doable with a lot of creativity. *** DO NOT USE IN RAIN *** Don't let a single drop of water get in there or it's over. I did and now it's useless. I opened it, cleaned and relubed the pump, dried the horn and there's nothing to do. Dead, caput.

OtherThoughts:

It smells aweful. I don't know what type of lubricant they used but when I opened the package, my whole house smelled like petrochemicals and my head was spinning.

Bottomline:

Buy it if you think you can figure out a way to mount it. You will find it very amusing to use! But DON'T USE DURING RAINY DAYS.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections