DX » Community » Reviews » Ultra Loud Bicycle Air Horn - Truck Siren Sound (120dB)
  • 5 star 1 ( 14% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 71% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 14% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Blasting loud horn!

posted by ligfries on 11/24/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This horn is the ultimate Human Powered Alarm. A good push and a LOUD sound is heared. On my bike, I use this as the last warning, after the gentle ring, ring and the somewhat louder electronic horn. If in need, this Air Horn definitely attracts attention.
    When for whatever reason you want more distance between plunger and actual horn, the tube is quite easily replaced with something elsee. Good to create distance between the horn and your own ears :)

Cons:

The tube is quite wide, which results in a significant dead volume in the tube. That means that you have to push the plunger quite a bit before you have built enough pressure to get the sound. Also the plunger is a bit loose, which means that if you push slowly, the air escapes before you hear anything.

OtherThoughts:

The horn and the plunger are quite heavy and bulky. You can improve the operation significant by mounting a narrower tube.

Bottomline:

If you are aware of the potential downsides, this is a great product that I would happilyl recommend to others. Might mine eventually break down, I will buy a replacement (and change the tube myself).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections